Threading is an ancient hair removal technique, which originated from India and Eastern world especially China, Egypt, and Arab world. This technique is commonly used on eye brows, upper lips, and face. It is preferred to waxing.
The process involves the use of a specially designed thread, which is doubled, twisted and rolled over the areas where you want to remove eyebrows hairs to pluck them, just as tweezing. Hair is removed from the follicle and the technique is common amongst Indian community. It plucks short lines of hair and not a single hair at a time.
There are benefits of eyebrow threading that has made this method of hair removal to be very popular. Benefits include:
- When compared to eyebrow waxing and tweezing, it is more precise and it will give better eyebrow shapes i.e. well defined shapes. This is due to the fact that unlike eyebrow waxing and tweezing, threading is able to remove brow hairs in a straight line. This will be great on areas where you need straight lines. Tweezing is supposed to be accurate too but the fact that you remove a single hair often makes many people to overdo it unknowingly.
- The other benefit of eyebrow threading is being gentle to your skin compared to waxing which can peel the skin as you rip it off your eyebrows. Threading does not stretch the skin and it will therefore remain elastic and look younger. Only hairs will be removed without touching your skin. Furthermore, most people often report that the method is also less painful than waxing or tweezing.
- Eyebrow threading is a natural way of hair removal that does not involve the use of chemicals that might be harmful to your sensitive skin.
- It is much quick and saves time compared to tweezing. A session will take less than 15 minutes. If for instance you have to tweeze a bushy eyebrow, you are bound to spend a lot of time. Even when compared with eyebrow waxing, it takes comparable time besides the many advantages already mentioned.
- The other benefit is low cost. You do not need any expensive chemicals when using this method and this makes it relatively inexpensive.
- Some medical conditions and medications often push people to this method of eyebrow removal. In many instances, most dermatologists advise people with acne and or using acne medications such as accutane, tropical retinoid creams, etc to use eyebrow threading only.
- Finally, it is considered to help reduce the dense re-growth of eyebrows since each time you go for this method, your hair follicles are lifted and some of them might become weak and not have hairs growing again. This will lead to natural thinning of a thick eyebrow.